Akshay V. Davé, M.D.
Dr. Davé was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. He received early acceptance into Johns Hopkins University, where he enrolled in biomedical engineering. He graduated early from Hopkins and received a President’s Scholarship to Baylor College of Medicine.
Throughout his education, he has been involved in basic science and clinical research, and charitable work, which he was recognized for by Pope Benedict XVI. Since joining Dominion Eye Associates in 2000, Dr. Davé has created lasting and trusting relationships with patients.
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A. with Honors
- Baylor Medical School, M.D., Alpha Omega (Alpha Medical Honor Society)
- Baylor, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Board Certified 2000 and re-certified 2010
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Richmond Academy of Medicine
- Medical Society of Virginia
- No Stitch Cataract Surgery
- Endoscopic Eye Surgery
- Premium Lens Implants
- Laser Vision Correction (LASIK, PRK)
- Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL)
- Laser Surgery
- Glaucoma Treatment
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Consultative Ophthalmology